Because today is my birthday, below are 12 additional facts about me:
- I have unconsciously taught myself, over the years, to not criticize people. Probably because I know from experiences how words can affect people, their life decisions, their ambitions, their perceptions.
- It’s only since 2017 that I truly learned to live in the present (all that time lost!).
- My cat’s name is Chance.
- The color of my eyes appears differently depending on the intensity of the light source. They are either green, light brown, or a mix of both with some yellow.
- I love everything branding because it is the foundation upon which a company is built. Brand is at the forefront of our everyday lives. A strong brand can instantly connect people with an image or a feeling.
- I still have freckles and I cherish them.
- I’m rooting for the LGBTQ+ community.
- I am CRAZY about dairy-free cornbread. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Win my heart and bring me cornbread loaves.
- I find it vain to ‘show off’ but this is what I signed up for being in the entertainment industry. You constantly need to prove yourself, especially as a woman.
- I really can’t stand whiny people. They have the skill to raise my Mediterranean blood pressure.
- I recently watched the movie ‘The Big Short’ (actually twice within 48 hours) and it ranked up in my 5 top favorite movies. My questions about the global collapse of the economy in 2008 were finally answered. I loved the cast and the editing!
- I don’t mind people seeing my failures. For me, they translate to ‘she works her ass off to figure sh** out’. And they might even comfort someone about their own career endeavors and the fact that it often doesn’t go as planned. There is no miracle. There is, however, hard-work.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading. When is your birthday? Can’t wait to show what is cooking… 😉 See you next month!!
◩ ABOUT ME / À PROPOS ◪
‘Mylène’s Monthly Stories’ (or ‘MMS’) gives you an answer to something you’ve been curious about. ⑇ Are you a songwriter or have friends who are? I co-founded Tunedly, a selective music publishing and recording studio. ⑇ The Homepage of my website is the best place to learn about me. ⑇